The holiday season is approaching and we want it to be a safe and happy time for you. During the holidays we all enjoy exchanging gifts, family gatherings, decorating our homes among many other special moments. To be sure you keep your children safe this holiday season we remind you to pay attention to all kinds of common household items and toys that use small batteries. They can be found in items such as clocks, toys, hearing aids, cameras, watches, remote controls, musical greeting cards, calculators, portable electronics and other everyday items. Because these batteries are very small, a young child can easily swallow one without their parent realizing until much later. These ingestions can have serious outcomes.